Monday, May 9, 2011


So this morning I got the much anticipated call from our cardiologist.

As soon as I saw the caller ID, my own heart jumped.

Lenay's heart surgeon attended a national conference and presented Lenay's case to the top specialists from the US and Europe for advice on how to proceed with her little heart.

I was about to find out if:

A) Lenay is having major surgery.

B) Lenay is having minor (yet still heart) surgery.

C) We are waiting and seeing.

I held the ringing phone in my hand and took a deep breath.

Here we go.


I closed my eyes as I braced myself for the news.

The consensus is that we just need to be patient.

Some of these doctors have actually seen this problem before, and they said as long as there isn't any progression, there is no need to intervene. 

Her heart will grow.  And the pressure gradient will go down. 

In the meantime, she will be watched closely with echocardiograms and EKGs.

I felt so much lighter as I hung up the phone!

Its not like we can get a better opinion.  I mean, we've had doctor after doctor, expert after expert, reviewing her case.  From all over the world. 

And they are all saying the same thing.

Just wait.  Be patient.  And see.

We gladly will :)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news! Hope you sleep a little better this evening! I am sure you feel a little lighter getting that dread off you shoulders! Take care!